STABILIMENTO DI NERVIANO / CENTRALE TERMICA
coal-fired power plant / Nerviano / 1949 - 1993 / 2007, 2008
This power station used to be part of a cotton bleaching and dye works, established around 1920 by SA Candeggio e Tintoria di Nerviano. Later the mill was acquired by Unione Manifatture, a textile company active in the north-west hinterland of Milan. Soon after the Second World War the plant was highly renewed and further enlarged. The concept plan was designed by BBPR, a renowned Milanese architecture firm. The new power house, part of this project, was designed in 1947 and completed two years later. Today, it is the only survived building of the former industrial complex.